Sunday, November 29, 2020

Lights and Leaves - Description


One night, I walked down the street bathed in lamplight. Fallen leaves lined the edge of the path. They were dry as dust, brown as bread crust or red as rust. I felt the rush to crush them across the granite pavement. 

 

Around a corner, I found a construction wall. It had embedded red lights to signal incoming danger. They comforted me as if I was baby Jesus in a manger. Lined up like a soldier queue, they lit my way through the streets as I skipped through. 

 

Nearing home, I saw a pathway which I crossed many times before. This time, ice blue lights shone along the path. They promised me adventures with magic, mischief and mayhem. If I was not strolling homewards, I would have deeply explored it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tonight's Evening Sky - Description

Tonight's evening sky is not a unified shade of blue. It is multihued, with a myriad of periwinkle and pale grey, with some albescent st...